Tuesday, March 21, 2023

I chatted with her during spring break

My plan for spring break is nothing. I try to rest myself and recover. The only target for this spring break is to painlessly develop a routine and think as much as possible. I lost the routine of learning English at the beginning of this semester because of tiring school work and doing my own project. However, my listening and speaking level is still not enough for me to fluently speak and unconsciously listen to others. The habit I try to establish is to watch a English new and learn 30-50 vocabularies everyday. Apart from that, the only other thing I look forward to is to have a zoom call with my high-school classmate who's photograph I posted earlier. I hope I can do things more efficiently and persistently after the spring break.

9 comments:

  1. When I came to the States, I had a hard time understanding people because of how fast they talk. Now, I talk faster than them. It takes time, you will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Watch a English new and learn 30-50 vocabularies everyday." is an ambitious goal ^_^

    Developing a routine and establishing a new habit -- often involves breaking an existing routine and current habits -- are not easy!

    May you do things more efficiently and persistently after the Spring Recess, Tsz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too want to learn a different language. I like your strategy. I think I will take your advice. I plan to buy some children's book in the language I wish to learn to help. Good luck in becoming proficient in English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your plan for spring break is a great idea! I hope you had a relaxing and productive spring break, and that you're able to continue your language learning journey with greater efficiency and persistence afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resting and catching up with old friends is always a good way to spend your spring break by allowing your mind to rest and recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tsz! If you watch any movies or shows in English to help you learn, because I have a couple of friends who do that, I highly recommend you watch the move Whiplash and the show That 70's Show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you have the time listen to bands like Toe, Polyphia, Covet and Animals As Leaders. Besides Toe, they all fall in the genre of Math rock. Toe is just an all round good band, I recommend starting with Toe - Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting as much speaking practice as possible is essential to quicker learning. If you’re just swiping through a few levels on a language-learning app at night, you’ll be shocked when you finally come face-to-face with an English speaker. Without conversing in English, you won’t be able to identify your weak spots. Finding a conversation partner, or even a study partner, who can augment your learning with real, live, face-to-face practice will allow you to put your fledgling skills to the test. Many people say that speaking English regularly helps it stick in your head far better than reading or writing. After all, what’s the point of learning a new language if not to use it to communicate?

    ReplyDelete