Saturday, April 1, 2023

Why people make a black-and-white spreadsheet?

Would you be willing to read through tons of data in a black-and-white spreadsheet? It looks tedious to me. If I were told to do so, I would probably end up playing games all day and then replying with a message like "Well done! Nice spreadsheet!" without actually reading it. I believe that every spreadsheet needs a template or theme. A colorful spreadsheet can become a shining star among black-and-white spreadsheets, which can increase people's willingness to read it. But of course, in the workplace, as an accountant or a clerk, acknowledging that you are doing something that no one want to read, you can just make black-and-white spreadsheets and people will give you a big thumb.

8 comments:

  1. Probably because they have not gone through 5.2.3 Templates and Themes ;-p

    I definitely agree that presentation such as a colorful spreadsheet matter!

    Be sure to practice what you learned in 5.2.3 in your A6 Spreadsheet Analysis with Trailer ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, black and white spreadsheets are boring. Imagine being an auditor looking at black and white spreadsheets for hours. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. Reading and analyzing plain spreadsheets for hours must be miserable! I am glad programs like Excel have templates and themes that are easily interchangeable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having such styles in Excel is one of the many good things about Excel. I agree, looking at a black and white spreadsheet is definitely boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe it to be important to add some color in our spreadsheets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! Spreadsheets in my opinion also need to be either checkered or banded! Otherwise it is an eyesore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When it comes down to these kinds of files, or data, I completely agree with you. At some point my eyes won't be able to keep track of where I was in the black and white spreadsheet and I'll end up having to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and white spreadsheets are usually for small variable graphs. Also, some people want to be cheap whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete