Saturday, February 11, 2023

Minecraft Server

I am making a RPG Minecraft server with my friend and thus I have to host a server. I bought a computer for the server at my Hong Kong's home, connecting to my wi-fi. Then I downloaded the server kit for Minecraft and set it up. At the moment, a Minecraft server was done. Players could connect to my server and played ,but it was only available for those connected to my home wi-fi. That sounded like a joke for a server because we didn't even have to host a server if we were stick together. Therefore, I searched the tutorial of publishing a server on the Internet and made ports for TCP and UDP accordingly for the sake of posting my server online. Honestly, I didn't really know what they were until I saw "2.5.5 Internet Protocol Facts". I understand that through Transmission Control Protocol, players can correctly download files in high speed and connect to my server.

10 comments:

  1. To me, this is impressive and it is cool to see how this class has helped you figure out how to improve your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hosting your own server, even if it is only available for those connected to your home Wi-Fi, very cool!

    Glad 2.5.5 Internet Protocol Facts helped you in this endeavor ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is impressive to say the least. You are very talented and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember trying to host my own Minecraft server, but didn't have much interest in it with friends. I'm glad you were able to figure out how to create your own server.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing for you. Sounds like a cool project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's also good that you took the time to learn about the underlying protocols and how they enable players to connect to your server. Good luck with your server and have fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made ports with TC and UDP, that's amazing. Personally, that would take me a very long time to figure out! I love Minecraft me and my son play all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hosting your own Minecraft server?! You can do that now? Dude that is awesome! I haven't played Minecraft since 2012, and I don't think I remember anything of that nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh The Craft, a true classic. Are you running any mods on this server or just vanilla?

    ReplyDelete
  10. TCP is a non-optimal choice for networked multiplayer, because it adds an incredibly heavy framework over the standard IP interface. UDP may lose packets, but there's no framework demanding that they all be received, and that they're in the right order. TCP does not supply a direct connection, but emulates one, and that involves sending lots of unnecessary data, and resending lots of potentially large packets (for multiplayer games. Most other services need that structure). And mixing UDP and TCP isn't a solution, because TCP has a tendency to greatly increase packet loss in UDP.

    ReplyDelete